At Titan Airways, we take all due care to make sure your luggage arrives safely at your destination airport. We are extremely sorry if your baggage has been mislaid, delayed or damaged, and will make every effort to locate it or compensate you for any damage. The information below should help you if this rare but unfortunate situation happens to you.
Delayed or lost luggage
We assure you that we will make every effort to trace your luggage.
There are some actions you must take to assist us in tracing your luggage.
- Please ensure you speak to one of our handling agents and complete a Property Irregularity Report (PIR) before you leave the baggage hall.
- Make sure that the handling agent gives you a copy of the PIR. This, together with your flight tickets, baggage receipts and any other relevant documents, will be needed if you have to make an insurance claim (it is a good idea to make a copy of these).
- Our handling agents will advise you when your baggage has been found and it will be sent to your resort/UK home address as appropriate.
To support any damaged luggage claim please:
- ensure you speak to one of our handling agents and complete a Property Irregularity Report (PIR), including images taken at baggage reclaim before you leave the baggage hall
- make sure that the handling agent gives you a copy of the PIR. This, together with your flight tickets, baggage receipts and any other relevant documents, will be needed if you have to make an insurance claim (it is a good idea to make a copy of these).
Limits of liability
If your baggage is lost or damaged, we want you to get full compensation for the event. Airline liability is governed by international convention that imposes a very limited liability on airline carriers. Your insurance policies will almost certainly offer a higher level of cover, so at the earliest opportunity notify your travel insurance company or household all-risks cover.
We do not accept liability for normal wear and tear to baggage, which includes damage to or loss of protruding baggage parts, such as straps, pockets, pull handles, hanger hooks, wheels and feet, or other items attached to the baggage, as well as damage to oversized/overpacked bags. Scratches, nicks, or dirt may appear despite care in handling. If your bag has been damaged, please check the contents carefully and ensure that any missing or damaged articles are reported to the Handling Agent and the details noted on your Property Irregularity Report.
We are not liable for damage to fragile items, sports equipment, musical instruments, spoilage of perishables, loss/damage/delay to money, jewellery, cameras, electronic/video/photographic equipment, computer equipment, heirlooms, antiques, artwork, silverware, precious metals, negotiable papers/securities, commercial effects, valuable papers, car and house keys, cigarettes and tobacco, necessary medication or other irreplaceable items, because none of these should be placed in hold luggage.
Please advise your insurance company that any correspondence in connection with your claim should be addressed directly to the following address:
Email Address: [email protected]
Postal Address: Ford Aviation Services, Southpoint, Old Brighton Road, Lowfield Heath, West Sussex, RH11 0PR, United Kingdom
If you plan on making a claim against ourselves, please contact Ford Aviation Services, because we do not deal directly with any claims.
Please note that your copy of the Property Irregularity Report does not constitute a claim and that the airlines Condition of Carriage must be complied with at all times.
Claims against airlines must be made within seven days for damaged baggage and 21 days for lost baggage. Claims will not be accepted unless made within these periods.